Skip to content

East Elgin Secondary School

Living in Aylmer Menu

East Elgin Secondary School is home of the East Elgin Eagles, and students from the Town of Aylmer, and Township of Malahide from grades 9-12.

East Elgin Secondary School has had several names, but only one location, since the school was founded in 1875. The Aylmer High School District was established by Elgin County Council in January of 1872. High School classes began in 1873 but a building on the present site was not erected until 1886 (the original round cornerstone from the first building, which was located on John St south, is found at the entrance to the existing school) and classes began in 1876. The building soon became too small for the number of students and another school was built on the same site in 1886. The present site was built on in 1937 and the cornerstone is in the courtyard.

Agendas & Minutes By-Laws Bidding Opportunities Aylmer Attractions Business Directory