Nominations for 2022 Municipal Council & District School Boards
TAKE NOTICE THAT nomination forms for the offices of Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Councillor and School Board Member in the Municipal Election to be held Monday, October 24, 2022 will be accepted from May 2 to August 18, 2022 during regular business hours and on August 19, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Candidates must provide the following information when filing:
- A nomination form endorsed by at least 25 eligible electors (endorsement not applicable for school board member nominations)
- A declaration of qualification
- Proof of qualifying address within the respective municipality
- Photo identification
- A prescribed fee of $200 for the position of Mayor and $100 for all other positions (debit, cash, certified cheque or money order, made payable to the respective municipality).
Candidates must not raise or spend funds for their election campaign until their nomination form has been filed.
NOTE – School Board Nomination fees must be paid to and filed with the municipality responsible for conducting the overall election of the trustees as noted below:
- London District Catholic School Board – City of St. Thomas – 519-631-1680
- Thames Valley District School Board – City of St. Thomas – 519-631-1680
- French Language Catholic School Board – City of Woodstock – 519-539-2382
- French Language Public School Board – City of Sarnia – 519-332-0330
The Term of Office is a four-year period commencing November 15, 2022 and ending on November 14, 2026. A person is qualified to run for office who is, on the day that the person is nominated:
- A resident of the municipality or a non-resident owner/tenant of land in the municipality or the spouse of such a non-resident owner or tenant;
- A Canadian citizen;
- At least 18 years old as of the close of nominations on Nomination Day; and
- Not disqualified by any legislation from holding office.
Nomination Forms are available at the respective Municipal Office or website. Nomination Forms may not be faxed or e-mailed. For additional information, please check the municipality’s website or contact:
Town of Aylmer, 46 Talbot Street West, Aylmer
Clerk – Josh Brick – 519-773-3164 or