The next municipal election will be held Monday, October 24, 2022.
Nominations opened on May 2, 2022 and closed at 2 p.m. on August 19, 2022. The list of candidates for the 2022 Municipal and School Board Election is certified. All candidates for the position of Councillor have been acclaimed. Original Nomination papers are available for viewing at Town Hall, 46 Talbot St. W Aylmer upon request.
Mayor (1 to be elected)
|McDonald, Ted||Aylmer, ON||[email protected]||July 27, 2022|
|Couckuyt, Jack||Aylmer, ON||519-709-1084||[email protected]||August 2, 2022|
|Charlton, Tom||Aylmer, ON||519-878-2266||[email protected]||August 2, 2022|
Deputy-Mayor (1 to be elected)
|Neufeld, Isaak||Aylmer, ON||519-873-0825||[email protected]||August 18, 2022|
|Buro, Fred||Aylmer, ON||226-545-1970||[email protected]||August 19, 2022|
|Barbour, Pete||Aylmer, ON||519-765-3793||[email protected]||August 19, 2022|
|Oslach, Arthur||Aylmer, ON||519-773-5221||[email protected]||June 1, 2022|
|Desrosiers, Kathryn||Aylmer, ON||[email protected]||June 28, 2022|
|Chapman, Jamie||Aylmer, ON||519-318-8280||[email protected]||July 18, 2022|
|Vanraes, William||Aylmer, ON||905-379-0084||[email protected]||August 12, 2022|
|Rauhe, Jason||Aylmer, ON||519-617-0356||[email protected]||August 16, 2022|
School Board Elections
Lists of certified candidates from the administering municipalities are available below:
A person is eligible to vote in an election held in the Town of Aylmer, if on voting day the person is:
- A Canadian citizen;
- At least 18 years old;
- Residing in the Town of Aylmer, or the owner or tenant of land in the Town of Aylmer, or the spouse of such owner or tenant; and
- Is not otherwise prohibited from voting.
In accordance with the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, an election is being held on October 24, 2022. The Voting Period begins on October 17, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. and ends on October 24, 2022 at 8:00 p.m.
Throughout the Voting Period, eligible electors may vote with the use of internet or telephone. A Voter Information Letter will be mailed directly to all eligible electors on the Voter’s List. Eligible electors may also visit the Voter Help Centre, located at Aylmer Town Hall (West Entrance off Centre Street) 46 Talbot Street West, Aylmer ON N5H 1J7.
Voter Help Centre – 46 Talbot Street West
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
October 18 – 21
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Revision & Help Centre
Eligible electors may visit or contact Town Hall (see below contact and address information) for assistance with revisions to the Voter’s List or to vote during the Voting Period. The Revision and Help Centre will be open during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
The following are key dates in the 2022 Municipal & School Board Election Campaign:
Wednesday April 27, 2022
- Running for Council Information Session – 7:00pm April 27, 2022 at the East Elgin Community Complex (EECC) 531 Talbot St. W., Aylmer, register here for more information.
Monday May 2, 2022
- First day Nominations can be accepted for Council and School Board positions.
- Once the nomination paper is filed with the Clerk, the candidate can start raising and spending money on their campaign
- Preliminary spending limit provided to candidates
- Preliminary contribution limit provided to candidates running for Mayor and Councillor (does not apply to School Board Trustee candidates)
- First day to file a notice of registration as a third party advertiser
- A third party advertiser cannot raise or spend money on their campaign, nor begin advertising, until their registration is certified by the City Clerk.
- Preliminary spending limit provided to third party advertiser upon certification.
Friday August 19, 2022 – Nomination Day
- Nomination forms must be submitted no later than 2:00pm on this day to be considered for the ballot.
- Last day to withdraw nomination for office or change office
Monday August 22, 2022
- All nominations to be examined and certified by 4:00pm.
- Official List of Candidates Posted with any Declarations of Acclamation
Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Voters’ List available to candidates
Friday, September 23, 2022
- Final spending limits provided to candidates and registered third party advertisers
- Final self-contribution limit provided to candidates running for Mayor and Councillor (does not apply to School Board Trustee candidates)
Friday, October 21, 2022
- Last day to register as a third party advertiser
Early-Mid October, 2022
- Voting Period for Electors
- Advanced Voting and Voter’s Assistance
- The Town of Aylmer will have a Voter’s Information Centre open for at least one week providing residents the opportunity to attend a complete their voting in advance of the election.
Monday October 24, 2022 – Election Day
- Closing day of online voting
- The Town of Aylmer will use Internet/Telephone Voting for the 2022 Election. There will be a kiosk location available if you require telephone or internet access. The details of this kiosk and location will be available closer to Election Day.
Tuesday November 15, 2022
- Term of New Council – November 15, 2022 to November 14, 2026
Elections Procedure Manual
Guide to Accessible Elections
The Province of Ontario Voters’ Guide
The Province of Ontario Candidates’ Guide
Third Party Advertisers
Candidates Information Session
Are you a potential candidate for the 2022 Municipal Election? Watch the recording of the “So You Want To Run For Council” training session on Wednesday April 27, 2022 from 7:00 to 9:00pm. This workshop will give you an understanding of Council’s roles and responsibilities. It will also explain how duties and responsibilities of public office will impact your life. The slide deck for the meeting is available for download.
Who should attend:
- Potential Candidates
- Spouses or Partners
- Anyone interested in learning more about local government
- Roles and responsibilities of elected officials and staff
- Eligibility rules
- Nomination process
- Campaign finances
- Compliance audit
- Voters’ list and voting proxy
The nomination period for the 2022 Municipal Election opens on May 2, 2022 and closes on August 19, 2022 (Nomination Day) at 2:00 PM. A candidate for municipal office must, upon nomination, be a qualified municipal elector in the Town of Aylmer and meet all the requirements of an elector as outlined above.
Campaigns begin once a candidate has filed their nomination papers and end on October 23, 2022. Candidates may not accept donations, spend money, nor advertise their campaign until their nomination is filed.
If you are interested in running for office, you are encouraged to view the Ministry’s Candidates Guide. Copies are available through the Town Hall Office.
Full details on how to become a candidate can be found in the 2022 Candidates Package & Election Campaign Forms, which will be available for pickup at the Candidates Information Session or at Townhall during nomination period from May 2 to August29, 2022. Questions may be directed to the Clerk by phone at 519-773-3164 or via email.
2018 Town of Aylmer Election
- 1499 out of a total of 5081 eligible electors used the internet and
telephone options in 2018, which equates to a 29.50% voter turnout.
- 150 residents attended the Voter Help Centre located at Town
Hall throughout the Election Period.
- First Election year utilizing internet/ telephone voting in the
Town. The alternative internet and telephone voting method worked well and was generally well received by the community.
Results for the 2018 Town of Aylmer Election are available on the Town of Aylmer 2018 Municipal Election page.
- Method of Vote – 2022 Municipal Election Presented on December 1, 2021, this report outlines staff’s recommendation for use of Internet and Telephone voting in the 2022 Municipal Election.
- Town of Aylmer – 2022 Municipal & School Board Pre-Election Accessibility Plan – Presented on March 2, 2022, this plan is to ensure that electoral services are accessible to all electors and candidates.
Are you registered to vote?
The Town of Aylmer Voter Revision Centre is now open.
If any revisions or additions are required, an application to amend the voters’ list form must be completed. This form can be submitted in person by the individual requesting the revision/addition at Town Hall from September 1, 2022 to October 24, 2022, during regular office hours, Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and until 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Please ensure you bring identification with you to complete this application.
*Voter Information Letters cannot be used as a piece of Identification.
- Town of Aylmer – Notice of Election InformationTown of Aylmer – Notice of Election Information Municipal Elections Act, 1996 (S. 40) Notice is hereby given in accordance with Section 40 of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, that there will be a Municipal Election in the Town of Aylmer for the offices of: Office Name of Candidates Mayor – One (1) to be… Continue reading Town of Aylmer – Notice of Election Information
- Nominations for 2022 Municipal Council & District School BoardsNominations for 2022 Municipal Council & District School Boards TAKE NOTICE THAT nomination forms for the offices of Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Councillor and School Board Member in the Municipal Election to be held Monday, October 24, 2022 will be accepted from May 2 to August 18, 2022 during regular business hours and on August 19, 2022 from 9:00 a.m.… Continue reading Nominations for 2022 Municipal Council & District School Boards
- Running for Council Information Session – April 27, 2022If you are interested in running for council in the 2022 Municipal Election, please consider attending the “So you want to run for Council” Information Session being held on April 27th from 7:00pm-9:00pm. This event is being jointly hosted by the Town of Aylmer, Township of Malahide and Municipality of Bayham at the East Elgin… Continue reading Running for Council Information Session – April 27, 2022