Parking in the Town of Aylmer is complimentary for 2 hours.
If you expect your visit to be longer than 2 hours we suggest one of the following options for Municipal Lots 1 & 2 (located directly behind Town Hall and I.D.A.):
- Day Parking Pass $5
- Month Parking Pass $75
- 6 Month Parking Pass $225.00
- Full Year Parking Pass $450
Passes available for purchase at Town Hall during office hours.
Mon – Fri from 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
Payment of cash,cheque or debit is accepted.
Parking Permits are for use in Municipal Lots 1 & 2 only. Not for street parking.
Overnight Parking Prohibited
By-law 44-12 states:
No person shall, without authorization of the Chief of Police and/or the Director of Operations, park any vehicle on any street or highway within the Town of Aylmer, between the hours of 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m., between November 15th and April 15th inclusive.
Planning and Building in Aylmer
Important documents to download, and complete.
The following projects require a building permit:
- A new building greater than 10 sq. m. (108 sq. ft.)
- Structural work, including alterations to interior partitions or the installation of new skylights, windows or doors
- Additions (including garages, porches, carports, decks, dormers etc.)
- Mobile Homes
- Prefabricated Structures
- Plumbing, Heating and Ventilation Systems
- Fireplaces, woodstoves and chimneys
- Pools (inground or above ground)
- Temporary Buildings
- Replacing or installing new plumbing
The following projects do not require a building permit:
- Fence (Division and Privacy)
- Kitchen Cupboards
- Eaves troughs
Note: Although a Building Permit may not be required you MUST still comply with the requirements of the applicable Municipal Zoning By-Law.
Signage Permit Application
Anyone who would like to put up a sign, refurbish a sign, replace a sign, or even re-face/update the graphics on a sign, needs a sign permit.
It is recommended that you download the form, complete it, and then contact the Town Hall office for submission (information below).
Important documents to read, download, and print.
This document is only 4 pages and includes By-Law 22-99, and Schedule A to By-Law 02-11. Please read through this document carefully before downloading the Signage Permit.
Please contact the Building Department at 519-773-3164 ext: 4902 for assistance on building and/or planning matters.