Skip to content


Town Hall Menu
Boat And Trailer Storage In Residential Zones Building Permits Community Improvement Plan (CIP) Consolidated Zoning By-Law Development Charges Land Use Planning Minor Variances Noxious Weeds Official Plan Property Standards Severances Site Plan Approval Zoning Certificates

Land Division/ Severance

Prior to submitting an Application for Consent to the Land Division Committee, a pre-consultation meeting with Town staff is recommended. To schedule a meeting, please contact Josh Brick at 519-773-3164 ext. 4911 or [email protected], or Andy Grozelle at 519-773-3164 ext. 4901 or [email protected]

A land severance is the authorized separation of a piece of land to form two new adjoining properties. This is commonly known as consent. It is required if you want to sell, mortgage, charge, or enter into any agreement for 21 years or more, a portion of your land. For more information on land division, as well as instructions on how to apply for consent to sever, please visit the County of Elgin’s website by clicking here.

Application for Consent to Sever

Agendas & Minutes By-Laws Bidding Opportunities Aylmer Attractions Business Directory